Congratulations! You are about to embark on one of life’s most exciting journeys; planning a really special wedding ceremony.
The information below shows how I work with you to make your wedding day truly memorable.
1. I offer a free, no obligation meeting with you both to discuss the date, ceremony location (if known), type of wedding (specific requirements) or theme (if there is one). I will outline my role, give you my fees and payment information and a possible timeline. I will also provide a booking form and a copy of my ceremony planning process for you to take away and think about.
2. Once you’ve confirmed your booking, we’ll meet again to talk about how we can create your prefect ceremony together. This meeting will take 60-90 minutes. We will talk about the legal requirements for your ceremony and any ideas you may have for the big day in more detail. I would love to hear about your unique story and what your hopes and dreams are for the future. It will also be useful at this time to hear about any challenges e.g blended families. At this meeting I will provide you with an Information Kit which contains a range of useful resources including a selection of verses and readings, vows and possible rituals and symbols that could be included in your ceremony. I will also provide my bank deposit details at this time and your Homeplay! Your Homeplay is a questionnaire which enables me to create a unique, authentic ceremony especially for you. By the end of our time together we will have an idea of the broad outline of your ceremony. Remember, this is YOUR ceremony and it can be as traditional, quirky or adventurous as you choose!
3. Your completed Homeplay, along with your vows and any readings or rituals you wish to be included, is then emailed to me. We may decide to meet briefly either in person, by phone or Skype to ensure that I have a clear understanding of your requirements.
4. Now for the really exciting part! Bringing all of your ideas, thoughts and wishes together, I will then create the first draft of a unique, personal ceremony just for you. This will be emailed for your review and feedback and we’ll work together until it’s just right!
5. We will meet to go through the ceremony to ensure it is exactly as you want it and discuss some of the logistics for your wedding day.
6. The balance of my fee is to be paid by direct credit one week before the wedding day.
7. At least two days prior to your special day, we’ll have an onsite rehearsal at your venue so there aren’t any surprises and the day flows smoothly. The bridal couple, the bridal party, parents of couple, people doing readings and sound technician (if relevant) do need to be available. We’ll practice the choreography of the ceremony and I will lead you through the signing of the Marriage Certificate, so please bring this to the rehearsal. The rehearsal is our opportunity to fine tune your ceremony together to make it the most memorable day of your lives.
8. On your wedding day I will arrive at the venue 30 minutes before the ceremony is due to begin. I will also be available to liaise with the other parties involved in the ceremony, greet the guests, and meet the bridal party on their arrival.
9. After the ceremony I will present you with your Copy of Particulars and a copy of your personalised ceremony. I will also lodge the signed Copy of Particulars with Births, Deaths and Marriages no later than 10 days after the wedding.